Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Maternity Leave

I LOVE maternity leave. I mean really, I LOVE IT! I think I will look back on this time as one of the most wonderful times of my life! First of all, both of the boys are at awesome ages. Landon is so much fun and active and keeps me laughing all day, but it is also fun to have a sweet newborn to snuggle and hold!



Sometimes things get a little stressful with two under two, but I've tried to come up with little tricks/routines to help things go smoothly. For example, I always bathe Landon at a time when Owen also needs to be fed. Landon would sit and play in the tub for an hour if I'd let him, so I sit beside the tub and feed Owen, while Landon plays and plays. Multi-tasking Mama! Now don't get me wrong!! Life isn't always perfect around here...just check out this picture from last week when I fed Owen in a rush and didn't get Landon engaged in some kind of activity! Haha! But a little planning ahead, patience, and laughter have sure made this time special!


Another thing that has been nice about this maternity leave, is that Landon goes to daycare three days a week, which gives me a little sanity break if needed, and time to work on my UGA class, get things done around the house, and snuggle with Owen. Most days I miss him like crazy, and don't want to bring him until 9:30 or 10:00, but I know how much he loves to go to school and play with his friends, and I definitely benefit from having some time with just Owen.

Yesterday was a great maternity leave day with the boys! We went to storytime/playtime at the library and lunch at Chick fil a. The rest of the day, we just played and played and played at the house!







I have been LOVING EVERY MINUTE of this time and cherishing it with all my heart, and just hope that these last two weeks go by SO SLOWLY!



4 comments:

  1. sooo sweet! I love the last pic, I love snuggling with sleeping babies/toddlers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crissy! We are major snugglers at this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsay Ann! You are a wonderful Mommy! So blessed to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete