Sunday, October 21, 2012

Get Ready for Owen Weekend!

Well, we are now on the Owen countdown! I figure his arrival is now between 2-6 weeks! A big range, but that is what is so crazy about having a baby! You never know if they'll come early or late! Since I am a big time planner (and Landon came three weeks early), of course, I am trying to be completely ready for him to come at 37 weeks. I figure it's better to be safe than sorry!

Sweet Aunt Sharon knew that we needed to get stuff ready, and she had her Fall Festival at school, so she offered to watch Landon this weekend! She and Brittney drove all the way over after school on Friday and got him, which was much appreciated since Philip had an out-of-town football game he had to go to! That saved me from having to drive a couple of hours in the car (which is now quite uncomfortable). Landon was so happy to see Sharon and Brittney and was even happier to go with them! He had a blast!! Sharon is so great about sending pictures and videos, and I could just see on his face that he was having a wonderful time!

So cute! Britt is so good with him! They were having so much fun rolling!


Getting a work out!

Climbing!

Climbing again!

Fishing!

His mother's son...chocolate covered, chocolate cake pop!

Thinking about something!

Yum! I'll have more of that please! This kid loves to dip!

Practicing for snow before bed!

Fast asleep after a fun day!

REALLY ASLEEP!!
While Lman was gone, I had a very relaxing Friday! I got a pedicure, rented a movie, and got take-out from a delicious pasta restaurant. I slept so well both Friday and Saturday, which was nice since I haven't been sleeping so well the past week or two.

Blue, pedicured toes ready just in case Owen decides to make an early arrival!


On Saturday, Philip and I woke up and got some things together around the house. We cleaned and organized both the house in general and things for Owen (carseat, glider, etc.) Then we went to the UGA library. We sat in our special spot on the second floor and worked for about 5 hours. Philip got a lot done on his dissertation and I got a lot accomplished with my sub plans. Then we went to a nice dinner at the Last Resort downtown. On the way home, we stopped at the car wash and cleaned my car really well, so we could put Owen's carseat in this weekend. Then we went to Target and stocked up on some final things we needed for Owen's arrival. Finally, we got home and Philip watched the UGA vs. Kentucky game, while I fell asleep on the couch. This sounds probably like a boring and horrible day, but to me, it was WONDERFUL! I LOVE to get things done, and I am NOT a last minute person, so this day made me feel so happy and prepared! It was also nice to spend the whole day with just Philip! We rarely get to spend long periods of time just the two of us now, so just being together was wonderful...even if we were working and preparing for Owen! :)

Our special spot at the library. Behind the building, you can see Sanford Stadium. That's why Philip loves this spot!

My hardworking hubby!

Owen was super excited about the Last Resort!


Today my plan is to pack all of our bags for the hospital, work on a facilitator's guide that I am writing for school, write some "thank you" notes, and get my Lan Man back!! I've missed his smiling face!!

1 comment: