My Dad and I talk every morning while I drive to school, in fact we have ever since Philip and I moved up to Athens 6 years ago. We love our morning chats! It keeps us both in the loop with each others' lives and makes my 25 minute drive go by super fast. On Thursday, Dad was asking what we were going to do this weekend. When I told him it was
Twilight weekend, he asked if we were up for visitors! I said, "Of course!" He and mom have always wanted to come up for Twilight. So a last minute decision by my parents turned into a weekend FULL of fun!
On Friday afternoon, we had our JJH Spring Carnival! It was great, and a couple of my students got to use the carnival to earn money for their Type III projects (just wait 'till I post all about some amazing Type IIIs next week!! You won't believe what our JJH kids have been working on over the past year!) The carnival lasted until 7, so I got home just as my parents were arriving into town. My Dad had walked over to meet Philip at the baseball field, where the NOHS Titan baseball team had just won the region championship! We went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Watkinsville, Dominicks.
 |
| Landon was so excited and surprised to see his Popsy! |
 |
| He was also really excited the Titans won region! |
On Saturday, we woke up bright and early and headed to the Twilight festivities. I think we got there around 9am! There were booths, bike races, BMX competitions, and food tents. I can't wait until next year when Landon can participate in the big wheel race. Of course it's always fun to go into shops in Downtown Athens too and walk around North Campus. Landon finally fell asleep for a nap around 1, so we found a perfect spot underneath a magnolia tree. He ended up sleeping for an hour and a half, so Mom, Emily and I relaxed under the trees while the boys walked around Twilight.
 |
| Lolo and Landon |
 |
| Future Big Wheel Racer |
 |
| How about the stroller tires were flat!! We must have worn them out in San Diego! Good thing we were at a bike race! Plenty of pumps! :) |
 |
| Look!! So much for Landon to see! |
 |
| I love ringing my cowbell! |
 |
| Hyped up on Jittery Joes, 5 hour Energy, and Energy pellets! :) |
 |
| As if Landon needs anymore energy! |
 |
| Bouncing! Bouncing! |
 |
| Ringing that Cow bell! |
 |
| Mama! |
 |
| Finally conked out! His only nap of the day! He just did not want to miss any of the fun! |
 |
| Perfection! |
 |
| Yummy Icecream!! |
 |
| He kept sneaking Daddy's yummy icecream! |
We left around 4:30 and took naps, and then Dad, Philip, and Hunter headed back to Twilight for the main event. They found a great hidden spot with a perfect bird's eye view of the race minus the crazy crowds.
 |
| Best seats in the house! |
This morning we woke up early and went to church. Then enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at Mama's Boy. After we ate, we walked around Dudley Park for a little bit. We have spent the rest of the day resting and playing around the house, recovering from our big weekend. We were so glad that Mom and Dad (and Jolie) drove up to visit! What a fantastic weekend we had together!
 |
| Me and my Mama's boy at Mama's Boy! |
 |
| Emily and Hunter |
 |
| Landon loved getting to spend quality time with Popsy and Lolo! |
that's so awesome that you and your dad talk so often, what a blessing :)
ReplyDelete