- Author Unknown
I mentioned in one of our introductory posts that Philip and I were very homesick the first year we lived in Athens. I also mentioned that when we bought our house in Brookshire, everything changed. We finally felt like Athens was our home. Now we are in LOVE with Athens and have a hard time imagining living anywhere else. A big part of this change was the wonderful friends we met in our neighborhood. I think we had been living in our house for about two days when Layla Lammi came knocking at our door to welcome us and ask if we wanted to start a game night with some other couples in the neighborhood.
A couple weeks later, Philip and I hosted the first Brookshire Game Night (I was really excited to be a homeowner and wanted an excuse to get unpacked quickly) and the rest was history! Game Night lasted about six months to a year with all of the couples rotating houses every month, but the Browns, Lammis, Estes, and Freys have remained friends for the past five years! These years have included lots of dinners and late night talks, movies, snow day celebrations, a mouse infested lake house trip, an amazingly relaxing spa trip, New Years celebrations, Easter Egg Hunts, new babies, and lots of love, support, and laughs!
Last night, the Brookshire Babes (as we have lovingly named ourselves) went out for a much need girls' night to celebrate Marisa's upcoming birthday! Sometimes we get so busy that we go several weeks without seeing each other, but last night reminded me how lucky I am to have these ladies in my life! Here are a few pictures from our night on the town!
Me, Marisa, Layla, and Courtney
Marisa excited about her fried Oreo birthday treat!


No comments:
Post a Comment