Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ten Year Class Reunion


This weekend was my 10 year class reunion! It feels like I was in high school just yesterday and forever ago at the same time!

As part of the planning committee, I got to experience all the fun and strife that goes along with planning a class reunion. In the end, it turned out great, and it was absolutely wonderful to see friends from our days at Lowndes High School!

We had a jam packed weekend planned with lots of events for people to choose from. Friday, we offered a tour of the school, since LHS has changed so much in 10 years. It was also Homecoming, so people could go to the football game.

On Saturday, we had a family picnic at a local park at lunchtime, and an adults only event at the Hilton Garden Inn in the evening.

Unfortunately, when I got in my car after school on Friday, I received a call from daycare. Landon had woken up from his nap with a fever and was acting really sick. I planned on us still heading to Valdosta, but when I picked him up, I could tell something just wasn't right. I had never seen him look that sick before. He was laying his head on my shoulder and switching between randomly falling asleep in my arms and moaning. Philip and I decided that we needed to take him to the doctor. He pepped up for a little bit and then went back to his pitiful self--especially after the doctors drew blood and gave him a shot. It turns out he had some kind of bacterial infection, but we're not sure exactly what it was. They also put him on an antibiotic. His fever finally went down over night, so after much debating, we decided to make the trek to Valdosta early, early Saturday morning.

Daddy trying to cheer up the Lan Man

We obviously missed the Friday events, but made it to Vtown in time for the picnic. Landon stayed with his BB for the weekend and got lots of visits from his Lolo. Loving on his grandmothers definitely helped him to recover quickly!

Anna, me, and Graham at the picnic

Philip and I all dressed up for Saturday night!


Lindsey and Anna put in SO much work for the reunion!!

Jacinta was also an integral part of the planning committee! Our due dates are just a week a part!

Here are lots more pictures of everyone enjoying the food, great music, and company! Excuse the terrible lighting, I took all the pictures on Philip's phone.



















Lindsey and Alicia's super cute table decorations. Perfect for the "plowboys!"


One of the food tables

My favorite food of the night!! :)

Honestly, the reunion turned out to be even more fun than I had imagined it. What a great weekend with great people! So proud to be an LHS Viking from the class of 2002!

2 comments:

  1. it was loads of fun! you should put these pics up on the page :) I loved getting to chat with you and Phillip, you guys are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my plan. I just hadn't had a chance to yet! It was great to see you too Crissy! I love reading about your family, and it was so nice to see you again real life!

    ReplyDelete