Friday, March 2, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham

In honor of Dr. Suess' birthday, JJH celebrated Read Across America Day. The school was busy today with lots of reading and lots of Dr. Suess fun!

Of course you can't celebrate the wonderful works of Dr. Suess without reading the book Green Eggs and Ham. ...And if you're going to read Green Eggs and Ham, you must try some green eggs and ham! So I made green eggs and ham for some of my first and second graders.

The second graders were all so excited and every one of them tried their green eggs and ham and BEGGED for more. The first graders were not so sure. Some of the kids loved them and some thought they were GROSS...even though they just had food coloring mixed in. :) To make the ham, I simply melted butter and put in a couple drops of food coloring. Then I cut up ham that I bought from the grocery store and soaked it in the green butter, then sauteed the green ham. Pretty easy.

Cooking up the green ham!



The finished product! Would you eat green eggs and ham?
Isn't this the cutest thing! My friend Melissa did this with her first graders! Thing 1 and Thing 2



Erin, Melissa, and Me celebrating Dr. Suess' birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment