Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Being a Mom

Being a mommy of three busy boys 4 and under can be a challenge sometimes! For example, I had my Rising Stars graduation this morning at 8:45 which was located about 40 minutes from our house. In order to get all of us ready, fed, to daycare, etc., I had to get up at 5:30 this morning! I got to the event feeling like I had already worked a full day! Goodbye are the days of rolling out of bed 30 minutes before I needed to leave, and laying around doing nothing when I’m not “working.”

But even with the addition of new challenges, I must say that being a mommy is the most wonderful thing in the world! While I may have three busy boys, they bring an energy to our lives that is fresh, new, and exciting! And their LOVE for each other, Philip, and me is just the icing on the cake!


Last night, Philip was downstairs in the basement with Owen, and I was upstairs getting Lincoln to sleep. Landon came upstairs with me and asked if I would put on Octonauts for him to watch. I said “sure,” put the show on, then went back to my room to feed Lincoln and get him all settled. After about 10 minutes, Landon came into my room. “Mommy, I forgot something,” he said as he climbed onto my bed. He gave me a big kiss, and said, “I love you, Mommy.” Then he climbed back down, and walked out of the room to watch the rest of Octonauts.  It was a perfect moment of pure love.

Yes, we may not get to take naps anymore. Heck, we rarely get a full night’s sleep, but I wouldn’t trade our life with these three little boys for anything in the world!!



No comments:

Post a Comment